Watch and learn how Julie Sharp, from the Callebaut Chocolate Academy Center in Banbury Oxfordshire, makes chocolate decorations and tempers coverture chocolate in a microwave, to add WOW factor to any dessert.
When time is tight and you need to throw something together for a picnic or a potluck or a bake sale, this is the perfect crowd pleaser. It’s a large, thin layer of tender chocolate cake slathered with gooey chocolate frosting Click here to read more
and sprinkled with toasted nuts. The frosting gets poured onto the cake when they are both still warm. Some say “don’t mess with Texas,” but this cake can easily be spiced up by adding a teaspoon of cinnamon to the dry ingredients or by swapping coffee for the hot water.
Click here to read more
Nutritionist and author Ellie Krieger has created a fast, simple, and lighter chocolate cake. Watch and learn how to make this delicious chocolate cake. Now you can have your cake and eat it too with no guilt!
Watch and learn how to make this easy, creamy, and delicious chocolate cake roll that will remind you of your favorite snack treat growing up.
If you love cupcakes, chocolates, candies and smashing things, then watch and learn how to make and decorate a Giant Chocolate Cupcake Pinata with Elise, of My Cupcake Addiction, filled with your favorite candies! Perfect for Easter, Birthdays, Cinco de Mayo!
Easy and simple to make using minimal ingredients and almost zero skill, this is the perfect no bake giant cupcake option for everyone!
Watch and learn how Raymond Blanc makes one of his signature desserts, Cafe Creme. A cup sculpted completely from chocolate, filled with a iced espresso parfait, topped with cherry liqueur sabayon and finished with sugar coated truffles.
Watch and learn how to prepare chocolate mixture for airbrushing.
Watch and learn how to apply chocolate airbrush mixture on cakes, pastries, chocolates and give them a velvety look.
Watch and learn how Jacques Torres makes chocolate lollipop.
Watch and learn how Beverley Dunkley, Head of UK Chocolate Academy, takes you through how to make fun and delicious Chocolate Lollipops without a mold.
Watch and learn how Beverley Dunkley, Head of UK Chocolate Academy tempers chocolate by microwave. If you want to make your own chocolate lollipop, or chocolate Easter egg, you must learn how to temper chocolate properly.
300 g / 10.58 oz sugar (13.64%)
480 g / 1 lb 9.6 oz heavy cream (21.82%)
1 kg / 2 lb 3.2 oz Dark chocolate (60%) coins (45.45%)
120 g / 4.23 oz Elderflower liqueur (St-Germain) (5.45%)
300 g / 10.58 oz Butter, soft (13.64%)
Dark chocolate (64%), tempered, as needed
White chocolate, tempered, as needed
36 Crystallized lilac petals
1. Line 36 PVC tubes 7.5 cm long by 2.5 cm diameter/3 by 1 in with acetate. Place them in a standing position on a flat sheet pan lined with a nonstick rubber mat.
2. Make a caramel with the sugar and the cream (see page 33), and then bring it to a boil. Pour the liquid over the chocolate in a bowl and stir to dissolve the chocolate. Allow the mixture to cool to 27°C/81°F. Stir in the elderflower liqueur and the butter.
3. Pour the ganache into a piping bag. Pipe the ganache into the prepared tubes and even out the top with an off set spatula.
4. Let the ganache set at room temperature. Once it is set, push a lollipop stick halfway into each tube.
5. Refrigerate the ganache for 2 hours.
6. Remove the ganache from the PVC tubes and take off the acetate.
7. Dip the ganache into tempered dark chocolate using the lollipop stick, letting the excess drip off the top.
8. Once the chocolate sets, garnish with a drizzle of white chocolate and a crystallized lilac petal. Reserve in a cool dry place in an airtight container. Discard after three weeks.
Excerpt from The Modern Cafe by Francisco J. Migoya, copyright ©2009. Published by Wiley.
Watch and learn how pastry chef Andreas Born makes this delicious Mama Melrose’s Ristorante Chocolate Cannoli Cake. Mama Melrose’s Ristorante is a colorful, casual and family-friendly restaurant located in the heart of the backlot at Disney’s World Hollywood Studios theme park.